Date:      Fri, 17 Nov 2000 10:33:27 -0600
From:      Glenn Johnson <gjohnson@nola.srrc.usda.gov>
To:        K.J.Bosschaart@wtb.tue.nl
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: building XFree84-4 DRI

On Fri, Nov 17, 2000 at 04:06:48PM +0100, Karel J. Bosschaart wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 16, 2000 at 11:57:11AM -0600, Glenn Johnson wrote:

> > I would like to try out 3D acceleration on my Matrox G400 but I
> > cannot get DRI compiled.

[...]

> > In file included from init.c:33:
> > ../drmP.h:599: syntax error before `struct'
> > ../drmP.h:599: syntax error before `void'
> > *** Error code 1

> If I remember correctly, this error can be avoided by replacing
> SYSCTL_HANDLER_ARGS by (SYSCTL_HANDLER_ARGS) in the source code on
> several places.

That was it.  I had a listing of things to do that I got from the
-questions archive but it was missing that step.

> Did you find the url http://wop21.wop.wtb.tue.nl/freebsd/hwaccel.txt ?

> I mailed it to the -multimedia list some time ago, it's a very dirty
> list of things I've done to get DRI to work with a G400. Most info in
> there is from the mailing lists btw, including the above enclosing in
> brackets.

Sigh.  I searched the -questions, -hackers, -stable, and -current lists.
I did not think to try the -multimedia list.

> > Has anyone compiled DRI from XFree86-4 on a recent FreeBSD-4.2
> > system?

> I compiled on 4.1 but I expect 4.2 will work as well. Concerning
> hardware acceleration: some screensavers with GL work wonderfull, and
> also glclock works, although it sometimes fails. I did not succeed in
> getting linux binaries (games) to use the hardware acceleration :-(.

I just did the compile on FBSD 4.2 but I will have to play with it
later.

Thanks for your help.

--
Glenn Johnson
USDA, ARS, SRRC			 Phone: (504) 286-4252