Date:      Tue, 08 Oct 2013 12:39:50 +1100
From:      other@ahhyes.net
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   jabberd14 crashes if built with Clang 3.3

Hi Guys,

Just following up on a previous post (have changed the subject as this
is a port specific issue that has cropped up since upgrading from
9.1-RELEASE (amd64) to 9.2-RELEASE (amd64)).

This is interesting. I recompiled this port without Clang (using the
base gcc) and it has not crashed once since (sig 10 bus error crashes
are gone). Funnily enough, in FreeBSD 9.1-RELEASE, the same port
compiled with Clang 3.1 did not crash ever. So the culprit has to be
Clang 3.3.

I have the following in my /etc/make.conf (for clang building):

root@srv:~ # cat /etc/make.conf
NO_PROFILE=true
CC=clang
CXX=clang++
CPP=clang-cpp

Whilst building the port with the base compiler is a workaround, it's
not a long term solution, since Clang will be the default Compiler in
the not so distant future.

What is even more annoying is the lack of a port maintainer for
net-im/jabber:

MAINTAINER=     ports@FreeBSD.org
COMMENT=        XMPP/Jabber server daemon

I assume the above email is just a generic email address for ports who
do not have a maintainer?

Any suggestions what to do from here?

Kind Regards,
Alex.