Date:      06 Oct 1998 09:15:48 +0200
From:      Thomas Gellekum <tg@ihf.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        Whee Kim <philuint@erols.com>
Cc:        handy@physics.montana.edu, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: windowmaker-0.19.3

Whee Kim <philuint@erols.com> writes:

>     Hi. I e-mailed you about Windowmaker error.
>
>     I just noticed that I have windowmaker-0.20.1 installed.  However,
> the freebsd.org has it as windowmaker-0.19.3 and I clicked on Download
> of windowmaker-0.19.3.  I don't understand.  It must have wrong link or
> something.

Now, which version is it? The Info Panel contains the version number
(Application->Info->Info Panel...).

>     My problem was as soon as I start X, it quits itself and gives me
>
>             bus error - core dumped
>
>     error.

How do you start X? xdm? There should be a log file in
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xdm. startx? Redirect its output to a file. Which
FreeBSD version (2.x, 3.0, ELF?) are you running? Which X server?

I'm running Window Maker 0.20.1 on -stable without any problems (ELSA
Winner 1000 and 2000 Office cards).

tg