Date:      Sat, 28 Oct 2000 05:11:33 -0500
From:      "Michael C . Wu" <keichii@iteration.net>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   usb0 not resuming and APM/ACPI weirdness

Hello everyone,

The old "usb0: host controller halted" problem has returned
to my laptop after resume for suspend-to-disk on the latest current
for some time.  After resume, usb0 floods my /var/log/messages
with thousands of the same messages.

Also, when I booted the following kernel, my keyboard/mouse refuses
to respond.  No response to anything I type or do, no suspend, no
ctrl-alt-del, no ddb.  The system runs fine otherwise, I can connect
via logging in from other machines and such.  But that kind of defeats
the purpose of a laptop :)

After returning to setting OS controlled ACPI off
in BIOS and using APM kernel, things work fine, except that
now I have this:  /dev/apm: Device not configured
whether I do zzz or the fn+esc key combo, or even just cat /dev/apm
It still suspends-to-disk fine.  But if I use an older src/sys ACPI kernel,
even suspend-to-disk doesn't respond (keyboard works with this kernel).

Source date:
FreeBSD iterative.iteration.net 5.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.0-CURRENT #0: Sat Oct 28
04:42:05 CDT 2000     root@iterative.iteration.net:/usr/src/sys/compile/ITERATIVE.APM  i386

System:
Sony VAIO Z505JS

attached ITERATIVE.ACPI is the kernel config that doesn't respond to keyboard.