Date:      Sun, 19 Nov 2000 21:21:58 -0500
From:      Jason Garman <jgarman@wedgie.org>
To:        Jordan Hubbard <jkh@winston.osd.bsdi.com>
Cc:        Marko Cuk <cuk@nu.cuk.nu>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 4.2-RELEASE delayed until November 20th.

On Thu, Nov 16, 2000 at 12:27:07AM -0800, Jordan Hubbard wrote:
> > What is with the bridging code ?? It won't work from 4.0 !! I wrote
> > about that problem many times.
>
> Yes, you've written about it many times but I have yet to see anything
> substantial enough in the way of details to imply that anyone will be
> fixing it for 4.2 unless someone else comes forward with the right
> kinds of debugging information.  Perhaps if someone else using the
> bridging code could check this out?  I don't know of [m]any people
> here doing so.

Could someone elaborate on the details here?  I assume we're talking
about luigi's ethernet bridging code?  What exactly is the problem in 4.2?
I use this extensively in 4.0-stable and am thinking of upgrading to 4.2.
(I use bridging+ipfw so I can firewall on my DSL connection without
"wasting" IP addresses with a subnet)

enjoy
--
Jason Garman                                         http://web.wedgie.org/