Date:      Thu, 17 Jun 2004 23:02:23 +0100 (BST)
From:      Richard Tobin <richard@inf.ed.ac.uk>
To:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Java plugin problem with firefox

> > You could try jdk14.  No guarantees though.
>
> I'll give it a try this evening.

1.4.2 fixes it.  It took me ages to find out where firefox was getting
the path of the plugin from: it turns out there's a link in
/usr/X11R6/lib/browser_plugins rather than somewhere under
/usr/X11R6/lib/firefox.  This seems to imply that every browser is
expected to use the same plugin version, which would cause problems!

Firefox still crashes when I go to Slashdot, but that's probably not
because of Java...

-- Richard