Date:      Wed, 16 Aug 2000 04:50:49 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Donn Miller <dmmiller@cvzoom.net>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: problem with ftp in latest -current

On Tue, 15 Aug 2000, Kris Kennaway wrote:

> On Wed, 16 Aug 2000, Donn Miller wrote:
>
> > Lately, I can't ftp to any anonymous ftp sites.  Every single one I
> > attempt to ftp to gives me a "connection refused" error message.  Is there
> > a problem with bind?
>
> Only on your end :-)

I'm using dhcp, BTW, since I have a cable modem.  Maybe my ISP is doing
something to cause this, I don't know.  I have to use wget as FETCH_CMD to
retrieve ports, since both fetch and ftp give Connection refused messages
for every ftp site.

Also, check this out:

$ ftp localhost
ftp: connect to address ::1: Connection refused
Trying 127.0.0.1...
ftp: connect: Connection refused
ftp>

Hmmmmmm.....