Date:      Tue, 17 Feb 1998 08:38:58 +0100
From:      sthaug@nethelp.no
To:        nate@mt.sri.com
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: devfs persistence

> > I'd say it's 1% who actually want the permissions to STICK.
>
> I think you'd be sadly mistaken.  I think it's probably more like 10-20%
> of the users who modify at least *one* /dev entry on their system.
> Maybe more than that.

Just a small case in point: I make the following changes to /dev every
time I install a new version of FreeBSD:

- chmod g+w rfd0.1440
- chmod g+r bpf0
- ln -s cuaa0 mouse

Thus, if DEVFS is used, I want *some* way to have this happen
automagically when the machine is booted. /etc/rc.devices would be fine.