Date:      Tue, 19 Jul 2011 14:48:43 +0300
From:      Catalin Nicutar <catalin.nicutar@gmail.com>
To:        soc-status@freebsd.org
Subject:   TCP UTO - Weekly Report 8

Hello!

This is the eighth report for TCP UTO.

* Short TCP UTO description
UTO stands for User Timeout Option (it is described in RFC5482). TCP UTO
specifies a peer should be allowed to advertise its chosen `User Timeout'
for a connection.
The wiki page for this project: http://wiki.freebsd.org/CatalinNicutar/TCPUTO

* Work completed last week
   * I have fixed the handling of the received option (the option is now
   recorded even if it isn't accepted)
   * I have added UTO support to telnet, nc and ssh. I have also updated
   their respective manual pages

* My goals for this week
   * I will test & add support for TCP UTO over IPv6
   * I will add more tests in tools/regression
   * I will look for other userland applications in `base' to add UTO
   support

If you have questions, suggestions or advices drop me an email to
cnicutar@FreeBSD.org.

Catalin Nicutar