Date:      Fri, 9 May 2003 12:01:52 +0200
From:      William Fletcher <ultraviolet@epweb.co.za>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Mozilla in the KDE Window manager on FreeBSD 4.8

--ibvzjYYg+QDzMCy1

Hi,

I'm experiencing the same problem with mozilla, using windowmaker.
But, with mozilla-1.3_1,2, installs fine... I try start it.

ultraviolet@tulip:~ %> export DISPLAY=3D:0
ultraviolet@tulip:~ %> mozilla
No running window found.
LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library /usr/local/jdk1.3.1/jre/plu=
gin/i386/ns600/libjavaplugin_oji.so [Cannot open "/usr/local/jdk1.3.1/jre/p=
lugin/i386/ns600/libjavaplugin_oji.so"]

I dug around in the shell scripts that start it.
/usr/X11R6/bin/mozilla leads too /usr/X11R6/lib/mozilla/mozilla
Which then seems to lead to /usr/X11R6/lib/mozilla/run-mozilla.sh

Anyway, I asked around on freenode, and, nobody else is experiencing a prob=
lem.
Any suggestions?

Anyway, my X11 is fine, I'm using 'vesa'.=20
About the only other thing I can think of that would effect it is /etc/make=
.conf

Anything else or should I migrate to opera, perminantly and curse mozilla f=
or
the rest of my days?

If you try run /usr/X11R6/lib/mozilla/mozilla-bin it should moan
about a library...=20
Try this.
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=3D"/usr/X11R6/lib/mozilla/"
And, try run it again...
It starts up and exits.

Ok, that isn't going to do anything.
ultraviolet@tulip:/usr/X11R6/lib/mozilla %> ./mozilla-bin -remote OpenURL\(=
mozilla, new-tab\)
No running window found.

ultraviolet@tulip:/usr/X11R6/lib/mozilla %> ./mozilla-bin -splash
actually is about the only thing that *functions*.

I'll recompile it for about the 14th time (literally).=20

I need to say, I'm rather hacked off.=20
Is it cause my workstation at work only has 128 megs of ram, I know
mozilla is heavy on resources, but, geesh people!

Regards.

On Fri, May 09, 2003 at 11:17:47AM +0200, Eddy Ramos wrote:
> Does anyone know how to start up Mozilla in the KDE Window manager on
> FreeBSD 4.8?
>=20
> I installed Mozilla by making use of the ports as installed during the
> FreeBSD 4.8 installation routine:
> 	/usr/ports/www/mozilla/make install
>=20
> The installation seems to have been completed succesfully (see
> 'installation for mozilla-1.2.1_1.log.txt), but when I try to start
> Mozilla by clicking or double clicking NOTHING happens, not even an
> error logging.
> And when I try to start Mozilla from an xterm (KDE Konsole) with one of
> the following shell scripts
> 	/usr/ports/www/mozilla/work/mozilla/mozilla
> 	/usr/X11R6/bin/mozilla
> 	/usr/X11R6/bin/mozilla
>=20
> I get the message 'no running window found' and the shell prompt
> returns.
>=20
> Any suggestions?
> Eddy.
>=20

                                                                     s netw=
ork
>       servers and may therefore pose a remote security risk to th        =
                                                                     e syst=
em.
> /usr/X11R6/lib/mozilla/libnspr4.so
>=20
>       If there are vulnerabilities in these programs there may be        =
                                                                      a sec=
urity
>       risk to the system. FreeBSD makes no guarantee about the se        =
                                                                     curity=
 of
>       ports included in the Ports Collection. Please type 'make d        =
                                                                     einsta=
ll'
>       to deinstall the port if this is a concern.
>=20
>       For more information, and contact details about the securit        =
>       status of this software, see the following webpage:
> http://www.mozilla.org/

rg"

--=20
William Fletcher=20