Date:      Fri, 2 Aug 2002 12:51:16 -0400
From:      Alan E <alane@geeksrus.net>
To:        Matthew Emmerton <matt@gsicomp.on.ca>
Cc:        Michael Nottebrock <michaelnottebrock@gmx.net>, Frerich Raabe <raabe@kde.org>, kde@FreeBSD.ORG, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [kde-freebsd] Building kdebase3: forcing kdelibs to be built first.

On Fri, Aug 02, 2002 at 11:31:35AM -0400, Matthew Emmerton wrote:
>On Fri, 2 Aug 2002, Michael Nottebrock wrote:
>> Afterthought: But even with revision-bumps we can't really make sure
>> people compile kdelibs _first_. Is there a solution to this (apart from
>> merging kdelibs and kdebase into one big port)?
>
>Isn't this what BUILD_DEPENDS is for?

Yes and no. BUILD_DEPENEDS means it doesn't have to be present at
runtime. We need LIB_DEPENDS in this case.

I may end up adding kdelibs to the kde3 metaport. That should force
the issue to a conclusion, as it would enable both make (with some
dependency reordering) and portupgrade to Do The Right Thing(tm).

--
AlanE
KDE-FreeBSD Team