Date:      Fri, 5 Jan 2001 08:33:29 -0600
From:      Eric_Stanfield@kenokozie.com
To:        Jan Grant <Jan.Grant@bristol.ac.uk>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ps command

Yeah I'd certainly be interested in the functionality.  It's a pain in the
ass moving between solaris and bsd boxes and, without fail, feeding ps the
wrong syntax for its switches.  Of course the easy solution on machines I
have directo control over is just to alias the cmd to reflect its usage on
the opposite OS.

Eric Stanfield, K2Access
Keno Kozie and Associates
222 N LaSalle #1500
Chicago, IL 60606
(312) 332-3000

                    Jan Grant
                    <Jan.Grant@bris        To:     Len Conrad <LConrad@Go2France.com>
                    tol.ac.uk>             cc:     questions <questions@freebsd.org>
                    01/05/01 07:48
                    AM

On Fri, 5 Jan 2001, Len Conrad wrote:

> >A real newbie question how do I get a full listing of all daemons
everything
> >running using ps (like ps -ef on linux).
> >
> >Thanks
> >
> >J-P
>
> man ps
>
> ps aux

Multi-universe unixes* and AIX (IIRC, mongst others) support BSD and
SysV-flavoured ps at the same time (SysV if the switches are prefaced
with "-"). I've always thought this was quite handy.

Would there be any interest in this functionality if it were to
appear?**

jan

* You gotta hate 'em :-)
** Ie, shall I look at tidying up the modified ps I use and submit a pr?

Tel +44(0)117 9287163 Fax +44 (0)117 9287112 RFC822 jan.grant@bris.ac.uk
Usenet: The separation of content AND presentation - simultaneously.