Date:      Thu, 05 Sep 2013 18:39:25 -0400
From:      "Thomas Laus" <lausts@acm.org>
To:        Henri Hennebert <hlh@restart.be>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Lost CAM Access to DVD Writer

> > Hi,

> > device.
>
> I encounter the same problem and reinstalling dvd+rw-tools-7.1 solved it.
>
> Henri

Henri:

Thank you for solving this problem for me.  I removed and re-installed
dvd+rw-tools-7.1 and this issue went away on both i386 computers.  I have
been tracking FreeBSD 9-STABLE one one of them since 9.0 and I use FreeBSD
release updates on the other one.  A system library must have changed that
affected growisofs that required re-installation of that port.  It was
totally unexpected that an update within a branch would affect a port.  There
wasn't any UPDATING entry in /usr/ports that would have provided a warning to
rebuild ports that depend on the updated system function.

Tom
--
Public Keys:
PGP KeyID = 0x5F22FDC1