Date:      Fri, 26 Oct 2001 00:23:11 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jeremy Karlson <karlj000@unbc.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Freeze installing 4.4-RELEASE

Hi,

I'm attempting to install 4.4-RELEASE from floppy.  After "skipping the
kernel config and continuing with the install" (from the initial menu), it
begins probing devices.  However, it freezes, where the last thing
displayed is checking plip0.  I've tried multiple floppies, and I've
installed on this machine several times before, but I've never come across
anything like this before.  I have flipped through the release notes and
list archives, but have not found anything that looks promising.

Suggestions, anyone?  Thanks.

(PS - Not on the list, reply directly.)

--

Jeremy

Economics is extremely useful as a form of employment for economists.
		-- John Kenneth Galbraith