Date:      22 Oct 1998 23:30:53 -0400
From:      Cory Kempf <ckempf@enigami.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Multi-port serial cards: where?

I need more serial ports!

So, I have looked at the FAQ/Handbook, and seen the list of supported
products.  Unfortunately, with the exception of the Cyclades boards, I
can't seem to find anyone willing to sell them.  I am striking out
with my usual mail order houses, and AltaVista has let me down as well.

So, where does one buy these puppies?

Ideally what I am looking for is a low cost PCI 4 port serial card,
with each port able to handle 56k or better connections.

Cyclades has a Cyclom-8YeP/DB25 that has 8 ports for $733, which is
more than I want to pay, or a Cyclom-4Yo/DB9, which is ideal, except
that it is ISA (for $287).

Thanks,

+C

--
Thinking of purchasing RAM from the Chip Merchant?
Please read this first: <http://www.enigami.com/~ckempf/chipmerchant.html>;

Cory Kempf                Macintosh / Unix Consulting & Software Development
ckempf@enigami.com        <http://www.enigami.com/~ckempf/>;