Date:      Fri, 09 Jun 2000 18:26:09
From:      "Michael G." <mikegoe@earthlink.net>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   User-level PPP..unable to access Tun0 device

I've got a script in /etc/ppp (thanks to Neill) and it runs great under
root, but not as a normal user.  I've set the appropriate permission (I do
believe) but I've been unable to get access to Tun0 (user-level ppp is
inabled in rc.conf as well).  My normal user is a memeber of wheel as
well.  Although I really don't mind using 'su', I want to sway my wife
away from M$ so I need to be able to attach dialing of the modem to an
icon on my KDE desktop.

Any suggestions?