Date:      19 Jun 1998 22:21:19 -0400
From:      Charlie & <root@enigami.com>
To:        Sean-Paul Rees <sean@dreamfire.net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD and 2 screens?

Sean-Paul Rees <sean@dreamfire.net> writes:

> 	I was wondering if it were possible to have XFree control 2 video
> cards,  with 2 monitors,  without conflicting,  and allow me to control
> each one interchangeably?  Would it be possible with 1 card?

I believe xinside sells an X server that will do this, but I haven't
tried it.  If you do, and it works, let me know.  Xinside is at
<http://www.xinside.com>.  The multi-headed server costs $300, and the
cards have to be the same.

Alternatively, there are some high end cards that support two heads,
but I don't know if any are supported by XFree86.

+C

--
Thinking of purchasing RAM from the Chip Merchant?
Please read this first: <http://www.enigami.com/~ckempf/chipmerchant.html>;

Cory Kempf                Macintosh / Unix Consulting & Software Development
ckempf@enigami.com        <http://www.enigami.com/~ckempf/>;