Date:      Fri, 17 Mar 2000 16:15:44 +0000
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk>
To:        Nate Puri <natepuri@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: neither acd0c or acd1c work on 4.0

Nate Puri wrote:

> ident		GENERIC

Is this just the generic kernel, with no modifications? If so, I can't
see why it wouldn't work, if not you should change the ident to make
that clear (convention is to have the ident as the first part of the
hostname in uppercase, e.g. FOO on foo.example.com).

> # ATA and ATAPI devices
> device		ata0	at isa? port IO_WD1 irq 14
> device		ata1	at isa? port IO_WD2 irq 15
> device		ata
> device		atadisk			# ATA disk drives
> device		atapicd			# ATAPI CDROM drives
> device		atapifd			# ATAPI floppy drives
> device		atapist			# ATAPI tape drives
> options 	ATA_STATIC_ID		#Static device numbering
> #options 	ATA_ENABLE_ATAPI_DMA	#Enable DMA on ATAPI
> devices

I don't have all that. I just have

device		ata
device		atadisk
device		atapicd
options		ATA_STATIC_ID

I don't think this should really matter though. Unless someone spots a
problem, the full dmesg output might help.

--
Ben Smithurst / ben@scientia.demon.co.uk / PGP: 0x99392F7D