Date:      Fri, 16 Jul 2004 15:22:15 +0800 (MYT)
From:      Dinesh Nair <dinesh@alphaque.com>
To:        Tomoki Taniguchi <tomoki.taniguchi@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: miibus.ko if_aue.ko crash

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004, Tomoki Taniguchi wrote:

> <SNIP>
> aue0: flags=8802(BROADCAST,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST) mtu 1500
>            tunnel inet  -->
>            ether XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX
>            media: Ethernet autoselect (100baseTX <full-duplex>)
>            status: active
>            vlan: 0 parent interface: <none>
>            ssid ""
>            stationname ""
>            channel 0 authmode NONE powersavemode OFF
>            wepmode OFF weptxkey 1
> </SNIP>
>
> Then at this point if I run "dhclient aue0", the system crashes giving
> me the same errors as when I boot the system with the usb ethernet
> plugged in.

i see a similar response from ifconfig when using an ADMTEK AN986 USB
Ethernet device with HomePNA. i've submitted patch if_aue.c at
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=kern/61300 but it works only on
4.9-RELEASE. with 4.10-RELEASE (and thus -STABLE), that patch won't work
anymore. if anyone wants the updated patch for 4.10 and STABLE, let me
know.

nevertheless, to get back to the point, the device in both HomePNA media
and Ethernet media works fine without crashing, though ifconfig produces
the same output you see.