Date:      Fri, 11 Dec 1998 15:54:57 -0800
From:      Ludwig Pummer <ludwigp@bigfoot.com>
To:        Steve Hovey <shovey@buffnet.net>, Eric Hodel <hodeleri@seattleu.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, Chris Johnson <cjohnson@palomine.net>
Subject:   Re: List spam (was Re: "Please Add a Veterans Ring of Honor Link")

That's not the point. The point is that requiring that the mailing list's
address is in To: or CC: would have stopped all of the spam that came
through the list over the last few months. If the spam had the list name in
to: or cc:, it could still get through. But I haven't seen a single piece
of spam with my address in the To: or CC:. The To: always points to the
sender or some dummy address.

--Ludwig Pummer ( ludwigp@bigfoot.com )
ICQ UIN: 692441 (  ludwigp@email.com  )