Date:      Fri, 10 Oct 2008 16:21:34 -0700
From:      Gary Kline <kline@thought.org>
Subject:   an even dumber q: how do i get sage's ports-ypgrade working?

	Late last December my small network began falling apart.  Still
	not sure how, but a fellow from Dallas came to my rescue and from
	his home, slowly rebuilt and re-configured everything.  E.g.: for
	one thing, where I hack sendmail working via various kludges, he
	set up imap.  I had thought that was mostly for students....

	He also filled me in on jails.  Previously, I had my 1998 Kayak
	doing DNS and mail and web solo.  Jon created a jail and set
	things up there.  He used NFS to bring over things from a faster
	computer.  That's well and good; it makes sense to compile a
	suite that takes days on sage [Kayak @ 400MHz] on my Dell8200
	[2.4GHZ].  A few days ago I realized that I was missing some
	simple programs on sage.  I went into ports: empty.  Years ago
	there was a standalone script that let you fix or tune things.
	I thought it was on the hard drive as well as the CD set.

	Anybody?

	thanks for any clues!

	gary

--