Date:      Fri, 13 Aug 1999 09:15:25 -0500
From:      "Bradley J. Carrino" <bcarrino@openport.com>
To:        Kenneth Legg <sce04020@mail.wvnet.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kde setup

Kenneth Legg wrote:
 How do I get KDE to work as it does with the root account,
> that is with all the apps working. I looked at the root .xinitrc script and it
> only has "exec startkde" in it.

Here are the files and directories that you will need to copy over:
drwxr-xr-x  .kde
-rw-r--r--  .kderc
-rw-r--r--  .klogin
-rw-r--r--  .xinitrc
-rw-r--r--  .xsession
drwx------  Desktop

Make sure you 'chown -R user:group *' in the users directory as
root. This will give that user all the permissions to the files and
the config should match that of root.

-Thadius