Date:      Fri, 4 Dec 1998 17:54:28 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Robert <robert@namodn.com>
To:        ryant@home.com
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ISP DNS problems -- routing/dynamic assigns

You should specify a remote DNS in /etc/resolv.conf
There should be an example file/manpage, the format is :

domain provider.com
nameserver 123.123.123.123

An alternative would be to set up your own nameserver, in which case you
would put

domain yourservername.com
nameserver 127.0.0.1

And set up named .. but you might as well use your provider's :)

-rob
( www.namodn.com )
( mailto : robert@namodn.com )