Date:      Fri, 06 Oct 2000 15:29:23 -0500
From:      Steve Kacsmark <stevek@guide.chi.il.us>
To:        "Daniel Leal" <dleal@webvolution.net>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: G400Max and xfre86-4.0.1

This is the setup I run, to get basic support for your card use the MGA
driver (see http://www.xfree86.org/4.0.1/Status17.html#17 and
http://www.xfree86.org/4.0.1/mga.4.html)

but if you want to actually use dual head support there is a beta driver
out (for linux, but it runs fine under emulation) it is available here:
ftp://ftp.matrox.com/pub/mga/archive/linux/2000/beta_1_00_03/

You'll need to edit the XF86Config file by hand, between the docs on the
xfree86 site and the file included with linux driver you should be
fine.

Steve