Date:      Mon, 7 Apr 2003 13:55:51 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Riccardo.Veraldi@fi.infn.it
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   XP1000 and ELSA Gloria Synergy problem.

Hello, I just traded a athlon 2000 XP for a XP1000 :)
actually I have problem with X11 and not only.

First of all if I shift my video board (ELSA Gloria Synergy)
into another different 32 bit PCI slot when FreeBSD kernel starts
there is no more output on the console like if the system continue to send
the output somewhere else, so it works only if I put my video board into
PCI slot 4 (nbumbering PCI slot from bottom to top).

Second when I Try to configure XFree86 machine freezes with 2 bip sounds
of the XP1000 speaker.
As Well FreeBSD shows me a generic VGA interface (dmesg | grep vga) but
this might be normal.
Anyone has some hints how I Can make this ELSA syngergy interface to work
with X11 ?

otherwise how can I enable video board to work on different PCI slot?
I also have a accelgraphic card I Could try out, but it won't fit in slot
PCI 4 because of IDE and SCSI connectors, it can fit only in the first
bottom pci slot from which I have no output after FreeBSD kernel starting.

thanks a lot

Rick