Date:      Sun, 28 Nov 1999 15:09:15 -0800 (PST)
From:      Kip Macy <kip@lyris.com>
To:        "Ronald F. Guilmette" <rfg@monkeys.com>
Cc:        patrik@astrom.net, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Error compiling.. (Again, forgot the attachment)

cuserid is in the compatibility library, from the man page:
CUSERID(3)             FreeBSD Library Functions Manual
CUSERID(3)

NAME
     cuserid - get user name associated with effective UID

SYNOPSIS
     #include <stdio.h>

     char *
     cuserid(char *s)

DESCRIPTION
     The cuserid function is made obsolete by getpwuid.
     It is available from the compatibility library, libcompat.

To get the program to link just add:

-lcompat