Date:      Sat, 20 Oct 2007 17:07:20 +0100
From:      RW <fbsd06@mlists.homeunix.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ports and dependencies

On Sat, 20 Oct 2007 15:30:18 +0200
"Roberth Sjon=F8y" <roberth.sjonoy@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello, I was compiling and installing mplayer plugin from ports, but I
> noticed something strange, this port depended on firefox, I'm not an
> firefox user, so I wonder, how do I make mplayer-plugin not depend
> firefox? and generally all the ports who depends on it, I'd rather
> compiled them against xulrunner.

The way it works is that you define your gecko preferences something
like this

   WITH_GECKO=3D  xulrunner firefox thunderbird seamonkey mozilla

and the port will use the first one that's also contained in it's
USE_GECKO list. Unfortunately for you, this port has:

   USE_GECKO=3D firefox mozilla seamonkey

so xulrunner isn't supported.