Date:      Sat, 26 Aug 2000 02:31:10 +1000 (EST)
From:      =?iso-8859-1?q?Paul=20Jansen?= <vlaero@yahoo.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 4.1 release - missing libxpg4.so.2?

Hi,

I've got a couple of posts in on this - sorry for the
excess noise.  It seems that Xfree86 4.0.1 whether I
use the binary from the Xfree site of make my own
using ports I can't get it to run.  It fails when I
run xf86config.  It requires the file libxpg4.so.2 and
I don't have it.  I've looked in /usr/lib and can see
libxpg4.so and libxpg4.so.3.
I'm not sure if FreeBSD 4.0 had the libxpg4.s0.2 file
but Xfree86 4.0.1 worked for me on that.  I
accidentally hosed (killed the disk) my FreeBSD 4.0
release install so I can't check if the file was
there.

I've tried using 'make' to build the library again
(from the 4.1 release source on the CD-ROM) but it
doesn't result in a libxpg4.so.2 file.  I've even
downloaded the source from:

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/branches/4.0-stable/src/lib/libxpg4/

and built it.  Still no go.

Can someone please help me with this?

Thanks.