Date:      Tue, 20 Nov 2007 16:45:17 -0500
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@chuckr.org>
To:        FreeBSD-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   a2ps users with HP Deskjets/OfficeJets?

I was wondering if there are any a2ps users who have HP DeskJet or
OfficeJet printers?  I wanted to confirm something before i sent some
patches upstream.  It's the size of the print offsets, which are smaller
on those printers.  The default setup in the a2ps-letterdj port is wrong
  for me, and I suspect it would be for you also.  There's a line in the
/usr/local/etc/a2ps.cfg file that sets the size of the letterdj offsets,
and I changed mine from:

Medium:  Letterdj       612     792     24      40      588     768

Medium: Letterdj        612     792     18      36      594     756

I'd just like someone else with this kind of printer to tell me if these
setups work better for you.  Specifically, they more correctly set the
right hand margins and the size of the page..