Date:      Fri, 3 Jul 1998 23:26:35 -0400 (EDT)
From:      dave@gregory.dyn.ml.org
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   nas: sorry, read DMA channel unavailable (fwd)

Hi all,

Probably an easy question, but I found nothing in the archives....
I managed to work through most of my pnp Soundblaster problems, and I even
got nas running somewhat properly, with the exception of the error message
which occurs once or more whenever I play a sound file with audemo. The
sound plays properly, but I get:

sorry, read DMA channel unavailable

Bootup recognizes the card as :
/kernel: Probing for PnP devices:
/kernel: CSN 1 Vendor ID: CTL0070 [0x70008c0e] Serial 0xffffffff
/kernel: PnP: override config for CSN 1 LDN 0 vend_id 0x70008c0e
/kernel: pcm1 (SB16pnp <SB16 PnP> sn 0xffffffff) at 0x220 irq 5 drq 1
         flags 0x15 id 15

kernel config:
controller      pnp0
device pcm1 at isa? port ? tty irq 10 drq 1 flags 0x0 vector pcmintr

These configs are the best I could come up with from R'ingTFM. Any
advice or pointers to more info will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Dave