Date:      Fri, 13 Aug 1999 16:34:29 +0200
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Sound card problem - Intel BX2 onboard "thing"

hi all

maybe someone can shine some light on a problem i'm having here. i've never
installed a sound card on freebsd as all my previous installation have been
servers, but at last i've been able to pool some cash together and buy a
second hand box which is an p2300 on an intel bx2 board.

i looked around the net and in the handbook and found some instructions on
installing the sound card. now the bx2 uses either a Yamaha or CrystalWave
Audio sound card. i'm not sure which one is on this box, but from what i
gathered i can use pnp and pcm and everything should detect ok. below you'll
see what i have in my DEYE (servername) kernel file. and, well, nothing
bloody happens.

any ideas

# sound card stuff
#controller      snd0