Date:      Tue, 5 May 2020 22:38:36 +0200
From:      Leander Schaefer <info@NetOcean.de>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        John Berry <John.Berry@NetOcean.de>
Subject:   Poudriere - Compile ALL Ports

Hello,

I have been dealing with Poudriere for quite a while and one of the most
issues I have is, that I have ports which won't compile along with
another. Reason is mostly something like:

pkg-static: ImageMagick7-7.0.10.6 conflicts with ImageMagick6-6.9.11.6,1
(installs files into the same place). Problematic file:
/usr/local/bin/Magick++-config

So in other words a newer version is going to place its binaries etc.
into the same place as the previous version. I have read and used
something like:

# Build several PHP versions parallel on the same server:
# https://github.com/freebsd/poudriere/issues/602
PHP_ALT=php56 php70 php71 php72 php73
.for port in ${PHP_ALT}
.if ${.CURDIR:M*/ports*/*/${port}*}
DISABLE_CONFLICTS=YES
PREFIX=/usr/local/${port}
PHPBASE=/usr/local/${port}
LOCALBASE=/usr/local
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=--datadir=/usr/local/${port}/share
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=--bindir=/usr/local/${port}/bin
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=--with-config-file-scan-dir=/usr/local/${port}/etc/php
#CONFIGURE_ARGS+=--with-php-config=/usr/local/${port}/bin/php.conf
#CONFIGURE_ARGS+=--with-iconv=/usr/local
#CONFIGURE_ARGS+=--with-pcre-dir=/usr/local
.endif
.endfor

But I was wondering: How is the FreeBSD Team dealing with this, when
they compile their packages for the public repository? Because we only
use one official repository and all packages are there ... some even
with differet options enabled. So how to deal with this? How can I
compile the entire ports tree without issues and build a repository of
it and some packages even with different options? Lets say one OpenLDAP
with SASL and another one with SASL? The only way I was able to do this
was building it in separate repositories.

Thanks