Date:      Thu, 19 Jul 2001 16:50:39 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Lucian Cosinschi <lucian_cosinschi@excite.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD advocacy list <FreeBSD-advocacy@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Exposure

On Wednesday, 18 July 2001 at 19:46:04 -0700, Lucian Cosinschi wrote:

>     I'm from Romania and I'm almost a newbie to freeBSD but I can realize
> that  it is better than Linux. But I don't see almost any exposure as it
> should. I'm studying now Public Relations and I want to help you with that.
> Wouldn't it be a pity to lose in front of others that are not as good as you
> all are. I think that the open source concept is about having what is right.
>
>     So,  I think that a way to get a better exposure is to introduce some on
> line or/and off line tests followed by a kind of certification  that will
> make BSD even more atractive for someone who's looking for a job. And I
> think there are a lot of people. I would like to help (for Romania at least)
> in creating a FreeBSD Center (or any other flavoure of BSD) or in drawing a
> public relations plan  for you.
>     I have many more ideas of what to do but I need your help in many ways.

Well, those are the aims of the FreeBSD advocacy people, so I'm
following up there.  There's quite a bit of advocacy going on already;
the best I can recommend is for you to publish an article in a
magazine or newspaper.  If you don't have anything suitable, consider
what's published in Daemon News and ask the author if you can
translate it.

Greg
If you don't, I may ignore the reply.