Date:      Thu, 11 Jan 2007 19:10:41 -0500
From:      "Dave" <dmehler26@woh.rr.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   ezjail and ports

Hello,
    I've created three jails with ezjail on a 6.1 machine. When i did so i
did not need ports, now i do in one of the jails. I've tried nullfs mounting
the host system's /usr/ports tree, but it didn't automount on jail startup.
So, i fetched a new copy of the ports tree in to /var/ports, but when i
tried to install a port, bash3 in this case, the ports are referencing
/usr/ports/share/MK which it can not find,     that's a read-only symlink to
the basejail filesystem.
    A side question, pinging the jail works fine from the host system, but
nmapping it does not show anything even though i have running services. I've
tried with and without the -P0 option.
Does anyone have this working?
Thanks.
Dave.