Date:      Fri, 31 Oct 2008 00:44:16 -0700
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        Krassimir Slavchev <krassi@bulinfo.net>
Cc:        freebsd-performance@freebsd.org, Sam Xia <xiazhongqi@huawei.com>
Subject:   Re: 1. thread switching time? (Krassimir Slavchev)

Krassimir Slavchev wrote:

> Also, I am able to set HZ=100000 but the thread switching time is still
> ~1ms.

You must be talking about the time that a thread can run before it is
pushed out by other threads?  I know I've seem many x 10,000 context
switches in some cases, i.e. look at very high interrupt rates
etc. so I guess I'm not sure what you are measuring..

at one time the scheduling quantum was independent of Hz.
I am not sure how true that is now..