Date:      Wed, 27 Mar 2002 15:15:27 -0600
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm-dated-1017695728.881222@mired.org>
To:        Kevin Golding <kevin@caomhin.demon.co.uk>
Cc:        Peter Ulrich Kruppa <root@pukruppa.de>, Sean O'Neill <sean@seanoneill.info>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Stupid but I don't know what this is - top-posting ???

In <VedB0GBWXio8EwLZ@caomhin.demon.co.uk>, Kevin Golding <kevin@caomhin.demon.co.uk> typed:
> In message <20020327205400.E30685-100000@small.pukruppa.de>, Peter
> Cue pointless debate about the pros and cons for top-posting and how
> it's evil/the best thing since FreeBSD.

You forgot the truly nasty thing about top-posting: that it's almost
always a sign that the poster didn't bother to edit the messaage to
remove irrelevant stuff. Not only is that thoughtless and rude, it
also costs those who pay for usage money.

If the message isn't worth the trouble of editing, it probably isn't
worth the bandwidth to include. I'm less likely to answer a message
that is top posted or includes another message unedited.

	<mike