Date:      Thu, 14 Aug 97 12:45:49 -0700
From:      "Studded" <Studded@dal.net>
To:        "cschuber@uumail.gov.bc.ca" <cschuber@uumail.gov.bc.ca>, "Paul Traina" <pst@shockwave.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG>, "security-officer@FreeBSD.ORG" <security-officer@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: CERT Advisory CA-97.22 - BIND - the Berkeley Internet Name Daemon

On Thu, 14 Aug 1997 09:44:22 -0700, Paul Traina wrote:

>8.1.1 will not be going into 2.2, it will go into -current.
>4.9.6 will be going into 2.2.

	This is great with the caveat that both -current and 2.2 need to
continue to track the BIND 4.9.x distribution until such time as the 8.x
distribution includes upgraded libs and include files that can be
installed in the standard locations.

	Also, can someone respond privately to me (or on another list
since it's not a security matter) how much of our stuff depends on the
libs and include files from BIND?

Thanks,

Doug

Do thou amend they face,