Date:      Thu, 1 Mar 2001 21:31:23 -0800
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        "Bill Moran" <wmoran@mail.iowna.com>
Cc:        "Gabriel Mark Mains" <gmains@damn-cool.net>, <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Printer sharing for Macs?

One trick I do is I use a spool on a server, all clients send jobs to
the spool, the spool only then sends them to the JetDirect.  Of course
doing it that way you can't mix protocols (ie: appletalk, direct jet
printing, etc) it all needs to be lpr.   I also agree with you about
workstation spooling directly to the JetDirect, it's stupid and bogs down
the
workstation, negating the benefits of the print server card.