Date:      Sun, 4 Oct 1998 01:33:45 -0800 (AKDT)
From:      Steve Howe <groggy@iname.com>
To:        Steve Friedrich <SteveFriedrich@Hot-Shot.com>
Cc:        "groggy@iname.com" <groggy@iname.com>, Michael Suster <mas20@po.cwru.edu>, "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: dual processor support

> >> Does FreeBSD support dual processors for x86 systems?
> >
> >i believe 3.0 will include support
> >for SMP ...
>
> Please, if you don't know the answer for sure, then please, please,
> please don't waste Internet bandwidth with your response.
>
> A better answer would have been to visit the web site and find the URL
> and send it....
> See http://www.freebsd.org/~fsmp/SMP/SMP.html

i visited the mail archives,
and found the following:

From:      Jonathan Chen <jonc@pinnacle.co.nz>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SMP

> Does FreeBSD support SMP for multi-processor machines?

FreeBSD 3+0 does. However, it's in beta at the moment.

From:      Andriy I Pilipenko <pai@nbu.zp.ua>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   SMP problem

I'm running 3.0-CURRENT SMP kernel (as of 26 May 1998) on
dual Pentuim II 300 (motherboard Gygabyte with Intel 440DLX).
Everything are fine except that CPU1 appears extremely slow.
Using top(1) I found that the process running on CPU1 is
much more slow, than if it runs on CPU0.