Date:      Sun, 28 May 2000 22:03:20 -0500 (CDT)
From:      BWS - Offwhite <brennan@offwhite.net>
To:        XF <gin@dds.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: huh? sound?

Give a read of the man page on pcm.  That may provide some details you are
missing.  It helped me when I have having problems recently.
'
> man pcm

After days of mucking with the kernal and MAKDEV I finally read over that
man page and got the answer I needed.  The websites that explain sound
were not helping all that much.

Also, search a few FreeBSD sites for ES1371.  I found mention of it at...

FreeBSDRocks.com
http://www.freebsdrocks.com/show.php3?ThisArticleID=5757&start=1&sReturn=25&search_category=0&search_criteria=es1371&search_field=subject

FreeBSD.org archives
http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=559654+562378+/usr/local/www/db/text/2000/freebsd-questions/20000109.freebsd-questions
http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/search.cgi?words=es1371&max=25&sort=score&source=freebsd-questions

You will get it given some patience.  If you go through the steps you read
on these pages and continue to have problems, post more details to the
list.  That will help get you more help getting this working for you.

Brennan Stehling - web developer and sys admin
projects: www.greasydaemon.com | www.onmilwaukee.com | www.sncalumni.com

Microsoft: Will you get a macro virus today?
http://www.greasydaemon.com/noms/ <- Why avoid MS?