Date:      Mon, 14 Jul 2014 08:51:48 +0200
From:      "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@zedat.fu-berlin.de>
To:        Bryan Drewery <bdrewery@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@FreeBSD.org>, FreeBSD Ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: devel/gmake-lite: fails on CURRENT r 268535 to build: @itemx must follow @item

--Sig_/JmXJzAYgM7MFOCF6o9ds_ww

Am Sun, 13 Jul 2014 22:16:39 -0500
Bryan Drewery <bdrewery@FreeBSD.org> schrieb:

> On 7/11/2014 7:19 PM, Baptiste Daroussin wrote:
> > On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 10:53:10PM +0200, O. Hartmann wrote:
> >>
> >> On FreeBSD 11.0-CURRENT #2 r268535: Fri Jul 11 22:09:39 CEST 2014 amd6=
4 the port
> >> devel/gmake-lite fails to build with the following error, shown below.=
 The port is
> >> prerequisite and needed for lang/gcc4[89] which has been updated recen=
tly.

> >> The box failing has recently been "cleaned up" via make delete-old-lib=
s in /usr/src.
> >> Is there anything I can do or fix?
> >>
> >> Please CC me.
> >>
> >> oh
> >=20
> > Can you provide the config.log that goes with the failure?
> >=20
> > because I'm not able to reproduce for now with the same env. as you des=
cribe.
> >=20
> > regards,
> > Bapt
> >=20
>=20
> Check on package23, it just happened there.
>=20
>=20

I fugured out that my systems are "polluted" by orphaned libraries and bina=
ries. I guess
pkg and/or portmaster's pkg-distfiles isn't always working properly or it i=
s due to the
fact my system's OS is a moving objekct, always sliding from one CURRENT to=
 the next.

So, this said, I removed a bunch of really outdated binaries (find -ctime +=
100w). After
this done, the port has been installed correctly.=20

At the very moment I run sysutils/libchk and it reports a lot of strange th=
ings.

Is there a way to clean-up those lost and unnecessary libraries, binaries a=
nd other files
or remnants in general without installing the system from scratch? Deleting=
 all ports and
installing them again is no option, the box in question is a little bit out=
dated and slow
and is needed (i can not wait 72 hours to finish ~1300 ports).

Thanks for looking into this.

Kind regards,
Oliver