Date:      Thu, 04 Oct 2001 19:01:21 +0400
From:      "Magdalinin Kirill" <bsdforumen@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   turning off write cache on SCSI drive

Hello,

some mail posts on softupdates says that turning off write cache is
prerequisite for it.

How can I accomplish it on freebsd? As far as I know
there is camcontrol utility, but it's usage is quite
difficult for me to understand.

I stuck the drive into another box and turned off
write cache using raid controler bios setup, but
it's uclear if this setting is still active.

The other way I can think of it is turning it off
under Win2K. Yet how can I check write cache status
under FreeBSD?

thanks,

Kirill Magdalinin
bsdforumen@hotmail.com