Date:      Fri, 25 Feb 2000 10:28:49 -0500
From:      andu <undo@cloud9.net>
To:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   adding packages

I'm using FBSD 3.3. The other day I wanted to get  gnome gedit and 2 other
packages via sysinstall/ftp.freebsd.org and besides the ones I needed I
also got a whole bunch of libraries and so as dependences which I must have
already installed originally.  Although the directory was 3.3 these
packages must be newer then the ones I installed from the cd which is fine.
The questions I have are: a) if all packages in 3.3 directory are "current"
including the kernel, and b) are the original libraries and stuff
*replaced* by the new ones or I end up with 2 versions of the same.
Also is there support for usb keyboard and mouse in 3.3 kernel?

Regards, Andu