Date:      Sun, 21 Mar 2021 18:17:55 +0100
From:      Ralf Mardorf <ralf-mardorf@riseup.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: OS to replace FreeBSD

On Sun, 21 Mar 2021 10:48:59 -0600, @lbutlr wrote:
>I am almost 100% positive this machine does not have BIOS at all;
>modern Intel machines do not

To me "BIOS" nowadays is a word for what ever thingy shows up after
pushing the Del key or what ever key else, after turning on the
computer, to get into the thingy.

To show a green screen, I used this picture, I made this year in my
flat [1]. In the shelf there's a book "PC INTERN 2.0" from Data Becker.
Once upon a time, I've written software calling BIOS routs, something
reasonable this time :D.

[1] https://i.imgur.com/lAehEAZ.jpg