Date:      Mon, 22 Apr 1996 16:18:11 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jim Dennis <jimd@mistery.mcafee.com>
To:        khetan@iafrica.com (Khetan Gajjar)
Cc:        lenzi@cwbone.bsi.com.br, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: xhost

> On Sun, 21 Apr 1996, Lenzi, Sergio wrote:
>
> > put the command "xhost +" in the startup script of xdm
> > (/usr/x11R6/lib/X11/xdm/X_setup_0)
>
> Thanks. Done it!
> ---
> Khetan

	Sorry to barge into the middle of this -- but ... if that
	machine is connected with anyone you don't trust (for _high_
	values of "trust") I'd suggest you undo it.

	You should use 'xhost +<hostname>' for each host that you
	"trust."  'xhost +' is a wildcard -- allowing anyone on
	the net to access your X server (display server).  This allows
	anyone to put windows on your display, and read keyboard and
	mouse events from your session.

Jim Dennis,
System Administrator,
McAfee Associates