Date:      Tue, 12 May 1998 11:12:26 +0100
From:      Stuart Henderson <stuart@internationalschool.co.uk>
To:        drosih@rpi.edu
Cc:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Improving results of registration forms

Garance A Drosihn wrote:

> > PLEASE tell me how to improve it in your eyes, then? Bear in mind
> > the previous statements that previous surveys have not worked and
> > that the registration form doesn't work much better.
>
> I wonder what could be done to improve the response-rate of a
> registration form.

If it's not already, make sure the help page is displayed before the
form, and add a note saying that the registration will be queued for
when you manage to get internet email to work :-)

< slightly out of context :-) >
> What does that look like?

Name, Address, Email, Do you want printed/emailed FreeBSD announcements,
do you want commercial FreeBSD-related emails. Very quick to fill in.
The problem is, this is at a stage when very few people have a working
'net connection...

> Also, what kind of performance do people see when they connect to
> www.freebsd.org?

pretty good, despite being the other side of quite a lot of water :-) of
course the UK ones work better for me... try looking at some mirrors
with traceroute to see which is nearest for you.

Stuart