Date:      Mon, 17 Sep 2001 12:38:15 -0400
From:      Jonathan M.Slivko <jslivko@gayteenresource.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   failiure on make buildworld

Hello,

Using a freshly cvsupped 4.4-STABLE, I tried to do a make buildworld, but got the error listed below as it reached stage 2 of the compile. Does anyone here have any clues as to what is wrong and how to fix it? I've tried cvsupping several different times, hoping that it was just a cvs server fluke. But, apparently it's doing it on alot of cvsup servers. So, i'm now looking for a solution, how to fix it? -- Jonathan

===> lib/csu/i386-e===> lib/csu/i386-elf
".depend", line 1: Need an operator
".depend", line 2: Need an operator
make: fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/lib.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.