Date:      Sat, 11 Nov 2000 11:16:16 -0500 (EST)
From:      Mitch Collinsworth <mitch@ccmr.cornell.edu>
To:        CREST INTERNATIONAL <crest@linkserve.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Wannabe ISP  [was: no subject given]

> I want to operate to operate as an ISP around my county. I do not want to use Windows stuff as my Web,dns,mail server after alot of reviews, to which iam used to.
>
> I prefer FreeBsd. But iam a complete Unix novice. as a first step I have purchase FreeBSD from walnut.
>
> Can any one help? Please.

It sounds like you need a crash course in system administration.
As a start I'd recommend, specific to the services you mentioned,

- the FreeBSD book from Walnut Creek, hopefully you ordered that with the CD

and from www.ora.com:

- Apache
- DNS and BIND
- Sendmail

but cruise around www.ora.com while you're there.  There have plenty of
other books you will need if you're going to succeed at this.

-Mitch