Date:      Thu, 8 Feb 1996 11:43:30 +0100
From:      lutz@muc.de (Lutz Albers)
To:        terry@lambert.org
Cc:        freebsd-current@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FS PATCHES: THE NEXT GENERATION

In article <199602072029.NAA06238@phaeton.artisoft.com>, Terry Lambert writes:

-
-> In message <199602070026.RAA03938@phaeton.artisoft.com>you write:
-> >The output doesn't look particularly useful as input to "patch"
->
-> You missed the "Index:" lines that cvs diff generates; they tell patch which
-> file to patch.  (The FS_PATCHES.diff.gz that exists on freefall right now is
-> not a context diff, btw)
-
-I know.  That was the source of my consternation.  I specified a
-comamnd line of "cvs diff -c" and that is what came out.

Hello,

is there are reason not to use 'cvs rdiff' ? This should create patch
output, at least according to the cvs man page.

ciao
  lutz

Lutz Albers                                     |       What's good ?
Luederitzstr. 14, 81929-Muenchen, Germany       |      Life's good -
email:lutz@muc.de          ph: +49-89-93940364  | But not fair at all
http://www.muc.de/~lutz    fax:+49-89-93940365  |          (Lou Reed)

Do not take life too seriously, you will never get out of it alive.