Date:      Fri, 15 Aug 2003 17:22:41 -0500
From:      "Charles Howse" <chowse@charter.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Copying and pasting text w/ mouse

> For the sake of testing, put the mouse directly to the FreeBSD system
> and reboot (well you might not actually have to reboot but
> check to see
> if moused is running and if so kill it and then restart it).

That worked fine.  The problem must be the KVM, as I suspected.
Knowing that, I reconnected the mouse to the KVM, switched to Windows
and back to FBSD, same problem.

> Check out the man page for moused for further help with
> mousercizing and
> various options.

No joy.

> I'm not sure if this is the problem but PS/2 mices are (IMHO) finicky
> when disconnected. If your KVM switch has a reset then press
> it and see
> if that gives FreeBSD a hand in preventing your caffinated mouse.

No reset button.

> Don't know if it will do what you want but check out 'man
> cut' and 'man
> paste'

No joy, cut is for retrieving fields and characters from a file, paste
is for inserting text from a file to a file or to the console.

Oh, well...